Fire Tape® is an alternative to conventional paper and fiberglass tape used as a finishing component for gypsum board assemblies approved and Listed to ASTM E119, Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials or CAN/ULC S101, Standard Methods of Fire Endurance Tests of Building Construction and Materials for use in the United States and Canada. These test standards are very similar to NFPA 251, UL 263, ISO 8342, BS 4763, etc.
- Permanent adhesion to drywall
- Easy mudless application
- Saves up to 60% of installation time over conventional taping methods
- Works with both wood and steel beam construction
- Listed by ICC Evaluation Services and Intertek Testing Services (Warnock-Hersey)
- Rated for use in Fire Wall construction in Canada by Intertek Testing Service
- One and Two Hour rated firewall construction